1. Because the room is all hard surfaces, ya know, brick, drywall, and bamboo floors, I need a BIG area room that's soft and provides a lot of visual texture. So, I'm going to go with this 8'x10' jute/sisal rug to help cover the majority of the floor.
2. BYE BYE boob light!!! Can't get the existing one down fast enough! And a HUGE "thank you" to everyone who helped me to select this gorgeous light fixture. So excited to see it in this babies space!
3. I'm loving layered rugs right now, so I'm repurposing an existing 5'x8' moroccan wool rug that I own to accomplish that soft, layered look. I'll probably position this rug underneath the crib.
4. Want to come visit?! We've got you covered! This day bed is AWESOME. It's size is perfect in the room AND folds into a Queen sized bed solving our issue with needing the extra room to sleep guest. Our pup Makeena will be happy to know she's still got a good size comfy spot to take her many snoozes in.
5. The room isn't quite big enough to have a daybed and a large rocking chair in. So, I decided on this small scale rocker that will go with the rest of our homes decor once we're done using it in the nursery. We have a great rocking chair in our sons room that we'll use in our living room when the baby is small and requires a lot of night time feedings from half awake parents. But, the small scale should work great for getting babe to sleep for day time naps in the privacy of he or she's own room.
6. Woven wood blinds - because I'm a SUCKER for texture. Then, more texture. On top of some additional texture!!! I have a love affair with texture :-)
7. I've decided to do a collaboration piece with my favorite Pacific Northwest Wood Craftsman. So, although I do love the look of this particular piece, you'll have to check back week 6 to see the final outcome of the custom side table that we come up with!
8. I love Moroccan leather footstools. The color is perfect for the nursery and I'm praying that since I've ordered it from Morocco directly, it arrives on time!
9. Every little one needs a rocking chair. And this little modern gem is going to do just the trick!
10. This is where I seriously need to get on my game. I need to make a selection for the drapery fabric and I need to make it soon!!! None-the-less, I feel confident about the patterns I have to choose from and I can wait to implement them.
11. I'm so in love with this fawn fabric! This textile is soon to be made into adorable bummers for the, yet to be decided, crib. Haha, seriously, if you have a suggestion, I could use all the help I can get!