It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The trees are being trimmed. The cookies are being baked. And cozy fires are being made daily. I love the holidays and I LOVE decorating! Today, I’m sharing some holiday decor finds that are in everyones budget and available in only two days because they are on Amazon of all places! Let’s get started.
Viewing entries in
H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N
Now that I have little ones running around my home, I feel like this was the appropriate year to start adding a little spooky decor around the house and I’m so glad I did. Here’s a few photos of the minimal decor I started with this year and a few links to some Halloween Decor I’ll most likely be adding next year.
Outside I went with some fun, muted toned pumpkins and these amazing plants that I found at my local grocery store. The rest of the items I was able to gather around from my home in order to make it looks welcoming and pretty.
What I used…
After the rush of the One Room Challenge, this girl needed a bit of a break. But, I'm back! And I wanted to share all the sources for the Pacific Northwest Nursery as the space wouldn't have been nearly as successful without all the wonderful people and vendors that helped me out in a six week time crunch!
1. Nice To Meet You Onesies - The Oyster's Pearl - I ordered it from their Etsy shop. It was a quick turn around and the quality is just lovely!
2. Washington State Teether - Little Spalding Toys - I am so happy with this purchase!! This might end up being a go-to purchase for all my friends and clients having babies. They have tons of other adorable toys too.
3. Wood and Crochet Pacifier Clip - Vikas Creations Shop - Now, in all actuality, my first born refused a pacifier. But, I'm praying that I don't have that issue with baby number two! This clip is so my style with the cool combo of crochet and birch wood beads.
4. Grey Moccasins - Freshly Picked - I bought two pairs for Baby P and can't say enough good things about the quality and comfort Freshly Picked offers. I couldn't pass up a tiny pair for the impending newborn!
5. Wooden Blocks - Amazon - Really happy with the quality and I love that they have a modern vibe.
6. Felt and Wood Mobile - Sproutling Co. - The owner of this shop was sooooo sweet and accommodating! She was excellent at letting me know when to expect my order and I have nothing but excellent things to say about the quality. It does come with a short attachment piece, but I kind of loved that I was able to add my own special touch by creating a longer cord from the ceiling by hand. In my opinion, the price for the quality is exceptional!
7. Emerald Drapery Panels - Whitestone Design Group - I'm so excited to share that Whitestone with soon be launching its shop! These drapery panels will be available in 3 lengths in 5 color ways! We designed the fabric and hand selected the colors that we feel are both timeless and on trend.
8. Prayer Beads - Whitestone Design Group - Another available product coming to Whitestone Design Group! You'll be able to snag these custom designed birch bead prayer beads with handmade cotton tassels in 3 lengths!
9. Brass Chandelier - Mod Creation Studio - I cannot believe I got such a high quality piece for such a great price! I get so many compliments on this light fixture. My favorite part about this piece is that I actually replaced a HORRIBLE boob light with this fixture. It was awesome to be able to purchase this with a small drop in order to make it work in a bedroom with standard ceilings and not fear it would hit someone in the head! Major win.
10. Natural Crib - Ikea - Clean and simple. It fit my vision perfectly and I was able to get it quickly.
11. Tassle Blanket - Opalhouse for Target - Soft and lovely.
12. Leather Pouf - Sousou Design - I was really picky about color when looking for this ottoman/pouf. The quality is great and it came stuffed, which I was really happy about. I needed quick and efficient!
13. White Rocking Chair - AllModern - really happy with the quality and I don't have to worry about child number 1 completely wrecking it!
14. Faux Fur Pillow - World Market - I wanted some great texture and this pillow delivers! World Market is such a great spot for quick pick items.
15. Custom Painting - This painting will soon be available via Whitestone Design Group in three sizes. It's stunning and I love that it was hand done by a local artist that we'll be partnering with. For more information please contact us at email@example.com.
16. Natural Daybed - CB2 - it's best selling feature is that it becomes a queen size bed!
17. Jute-Sisal Rug - RugsUSA - So soft to the touch! I'm so happy with the quality with this rug and would order it 10 times over.
18. Homegrown Onesie - Mini and Meep - I mean... This onesie couldn't have been more perfect for this nursery if it tried. And, it's organic!
19. A B to Jay Z Book - The Little Homie - cutest. book. ever!! This child of the 80s/90s LOVES it!
20. Buffalo Print - Target - framed and all... Can't beat the price.
Although this nursery didn't take first place in this years One Room Challenge, I can't complain. The nursery that did win was absolutely adorable and I still love my space SOOOO much! Now, it's time to sit back and welcome baby number two to their new bedroom!
Thank you again to all the vendors that bent over backwards to help me get this space together. And thank you to the magical Wynne of Whearlephotography for taking such beautiful images of my work.
- Happy Designing -
heather scherie of Whitestone Design Group
My personal design style always seems to toggle between tailored, streamlined menswear and gorgeous, feminine glamour. Currently, there is a design trend that really sheds some light on that girly glamour. I cannot seem to get enough of the modern, large scale floral patterns that I'm seeing EVERYWHERE right now! These new age floral patterns are bold, in your face, and bigger than I've ever seen before. I'm obsessed!
I thought I would take the opportunity to gush on my latest obsession, by sharing a Design Roundup of some of my favorite large scale floral items fresh on the interior design and fashion scene. All of these pieces are currently available and the links are below.
1. large scale floral rug | 2. gold floral lumbar pillow | 3. floral nail wraps | 4. large scale floral chair | 5. large scale floral fabric & wallpaper | 6. floral handbag | 7. large scale floral pillow | 8. floral wrist watch
Obviously, I can't just leave it at that! I have to share some of my favorite large scale floral design installations and applications. It's fun to see the pieces, but I particularly love seeing it applied to real design.
A well designed room always seems to have mixed patterns done right. If you've got one of those gorgeous, geometric rugs that are so on trend right now, put a floral chair on it! If you've got a beautiful set of small scale patterned drapes in your living or bedroom, place a floral chair in front of it! And if you chickened out on wallpaper in your formal dining room, try large scale floral host chairs at either end of your table to really make a statement! What I love about these bold chairs, is that you can take any chair, old or new, and make it current and fresh with a fun fabric you can't live without. If you love this look, you should make friends with a fabulous upholsterer and hit the flea market! Re-upholstering allows you to truly attain a look that is entirely your own.
WALL MURALS & WALLPAPER
So many say that great Interior Design is all about scale and proportion. So, what happens when you slap a massively over scale wall mural or wallpaper on your walls? Art! Magic! And the biggest conversation point of your entire home! You are certainly a friend of mine if you make bold moves like these! Have you ever seen a design detail that makes such a glorious impact on a room?! If you love large scale floral design, wall murals and wall paper are the perfect way to make a statement.
PILLOWS & FABRICS
As a professional interior designer, I often have clients that are apprehensive about making large monetary purchases towards design trends. However, for anyone who wants to enjoy modern floral prints in their home without the financial commitment of re-upholstering furniture and indulging in wall murals, pillows and the introduction of fun fabrics is a great way to accomplish the look for less! Pillows and draperies are such an easy way to get prints, metal details, and color ways that are trending into your space. You can spend a small fraction of your budget for the entire space on the fun details you're loving when they are at the height of the trend, and not feel too guilty replacing them with a new craze down the road. I often encourage clients to buy into trending items simply because it allows them to have as much confidence in their homes as they do in their wardrobes! If you are only willing to invest $100 or so to feel current and know you have that "designer touch" to your space, a floral accent, pillow, or framed fabric swatch is a great way to go!
Every girl loves flowers... Why not surround yourself with them permanently?! To see more large scale floral inspiration, visit our Pinterest board.
Feel free to share your favorite floral finds with me. I would love to see what is inspiring others and what I might be missing! Leave a comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for visiting!