I may be a glutton for punishment, but the time is NOW!! The Spring 2018 One Room Challenge with House Beautiful has begun and I've decided to go for it. I'm so happy to announce that for the next six weeks, Whitestone Design Group is going to be a Guest Participant in this years event. Nothing like a HUGE deadline to get an extremely necessary project completed.
This delightful, little catch-all room, serves as storage, guest room, and our queen sized dog bed :-) She's spoiled and she loves it. But, it's time for this Ridgeback to grow up and move into her roll as guard pup to her new sibling! This challenge could not have come at a better time considering this Interior Designer/Mama has moved into the third trimester of my pregnancy and have yet to do ANYTHING for this impending baby's room.
1. Because my husband and I do have a lot of company that visits, we would still like to make this room be capable of sleeping additional guests. We want to keep this room multi-functional but, it's a little too small for a full size bed and a crib.
2. The brick wall adds soooo much dimension, but it makes hanging things tough. Not to mention that I love bright, fresh spaces and the brick makes this room feel a little heavy. So, I'll need to address that.
3. The lighting in this room is dreadful! If you've been following me for awhile, you know I have a strong opposition to the "boob light," so, it's gotta go. Pronto.
4. The timeline! I'll be honest... this is probably that challenge that has me feeling the most nervous. Being a professional designer for as long as I have... I know that delays are bound to happen. Fingers crossed that I can make some quick decisions and get items ordered so that this can all come together in SIX weeks!
5. Lastly, we are the crazy people that don't find out the gender of our babies. We didn't with the first one and we'll be following suit with this baby. In a world where most couples do find out the sex of the baby, the options for nursery decor have become so gender specific. However, I'm not one to back down from a challenge and feel confident that I can, once again, come up with a space perfect for a little prince and sweet enough for a tiny princess.
The Design Process begins! You can follow my family | babe #2 Pinterest Board here to see where things are at right now. I can't wait to share this journey with you all over the next several weeks. Wish me luck!
I want to say a huge "Thank You" to Linda of Calling It Home and House Beautiful for all the work that is done to make the One Room Challenge come to fruition. I am so excited to try my hand at my first challenge and make this space beautiful! Make sure to check out what others are doing with their challenges here!
Thanks for stopping by and watching this adventure unfold!
- Happy Designing -
heather-scherie of Whitestone Design Group